Start here by introducing yourself. Tell us about your car, Android headunit setup, and what you're excited to discuss. Or say 'Hi' to introduce yourself. It is a good way to break the ice and make your first post
JimSLK
How much RAM is fitted: 4 GB
ROM: Not Yet Purchased
Cores: (8) Octa-core
MCU Processor: Other
Screen Size: 9"
Brand or Make: NaviFans
Model: None
Custom Fit or Universal DIN?: Custom Fit
Vehicle: SLK280

I have a 2007 Mercedes SLK280 that had the stock COMAND APS NAV NTG1 system. Now replaced with a generic 9" Android Head Unit. The brand is Navifans but many others look the same including Xtrons. I picked the vendor based on product features and a low enough price that I can throw it away if it all goes to hell and gone.
The basic install is complete, The HU powers up an down via Can Bus detection, Wireless Apple car play is running, AM/FM radio works and roof down screen visibility in the sun is acceptable (not washed out).
The install has been complex and I would never recommend this unit for an inexperienced purchaser. The support from the vendor is terrible taking weeks to work through careful language to get to a solution. But I did expect this.
The biggest issues stem from no factory setup to match what was advertised and sold. The unit was sold to fit the SLK . Physical fit is good but electrical fit was bad - not plug and play. For Example: the Can Bus decoder was not configured at all meaning no steering wheel controls - this required factory access password - this was provided and is now configured and running.
The traffic camera is still not working and may never work. I am sure that the wrong (4 wire only not 5 wire OTG) USB cable has been provided but getting this message across is proving to be impossible.
The reverse camera has been tested and will work when fully installed with the HU detecting reverse via Can Bus ok.
I rigged up the HU antenna output to drive the stock antenna amplifier so I have AM / FM radio now.
The twist in the install is that I re-used the factory amplifier. It was optically coupled to the old head unit but it was simple enough to buy an optical converter box - the sound output is very good now. The Android HU amplifier section is not being used.

Good fun, just a few more items to knock off but I doubt I will ever get there as stated.
BalsamicIIV

How much RAM is fitted: 2 GB
ROM: 32 GB
Cores: (4) Quad-core
MCU Processor: 8227L
Screen Size: 7" Screen
Brand or Make: Hikity
Model: Double DIN
Custom Fit or Universal DIN?: Universal Fit

Re: New Member

JimSLK wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 12:38 am I have a 2007 Mercedes SLK280 that had the stock COMAND APS NAV NTG1 system.

The install has been complex and I would never recommend this unit for an inexperienced purchaser. The support from the vendor is terrible taking weeks to work through careful language to get to a solution. But I did expect this.
Thank you.

The ads make it look so easy and problem free......

thanks for the information :D